Saturday, March 22, 2008

Help with Yarn Identification

Hey KOL girls:
At the yarn swap this summer I picked up a partial ball of something. I used it to make a tea cozy around Christmastime, and have since written up the pattern for the cozy (linked in last post), but as much as I'd love to recommend this yarn to people (and use it again, myself!) I don't actually know what it is!

It was a thick-and-thin single, dk/light worsted, navy/blue/green with hints of bronze and flecks of white. It's at least mostly wool, probably all wool, and it's fairly soft. There was probably 40g, and it was wound in a center-pull ball. Due to my terrific planning-ahead skillz, I don't have a picture of it before I knit it up, but here are a few pictures of the finished project. The color, on my monitor, is right in between that of these pictures. The colors are saturated, like in the first picture, but the navy is a little more prominent, like in the second. Anybody recognise it?




2 comments:

Deb said...

That would be Handmaiden Ottawa, in the Cape Breton Highlands colourway from Baadeck Yarns. And nice work!

Moe said...

I knew it! I was just about to comment that it looked like Deb's Ottawa!