Saturday, August 11, 2007

Movingface

I'm busy packing up all of my earthly possessions and moving them 150ft. to my new home on the 4th floor of Chapel Bay. Whoo! The problem with moving into Chapel Bay is that there is no elevator. Now, I would not normally object to walking four flights of stairs to get to one's home. It builds character for those not confined to wheelchairs, crutches, or puddles of sweat. The problem is that I have to carry all of my stuff up those stairs. Bah. Fortunately I have about a week and a half to move my things, so I'm just doing a little a day.

I managed to get my bed set up in there, after stealing some hex keys and open-end wrenches from Maintenance. (I gave them back!) For my future reference, my bed needs a 3/16th hex key, and a 7/16th wrench. I think I'll write that down and tape it to the back of the headboard.

Almost all of the yarn and fibre is over there now, and about half the books. Some clothing, too, and I managed to shove the furniture in the room where I want it to go. I still have a small bookshelf I'll have to lug up, but perhaps that can wait until next weekend when Shawn can help me out. It's not a heavy bookshelf, really, but it would be awkward to navigate the stairs nonetheless.

I'm paring down to what I'll need in the next week. I'll probably move in for "good" on the 18th or 19th, because I'll be out of town the week of the 20th. By then they'll be needing to clean out the room I've been in for the summer, to prepare for entering students.

In other news, Picnicface is filming something on the library steps, which is always cool. I wonder if it has anything to do with the Frosh Video?

I'm avoiding buying groceries because anything I get I'll have to lug over to Chapel Bay in a few days. I do kinda need milk, though. Perhaps I'll make a milk run.

4 comments:

Moe said...

Moving sucks. We tended to move every year or so from ages 19 to 29 (Mr Moe and I didn't meet/date/move in together until we were about 23).

I was so freaking happy during the last move. We were finally "real" grownups - we bought a house and had professional movers when we moved back here from ON. I don't think we can do it ourselves ever again.

jkleclerc said...

I heven't had to move in about 2 years, but before then I moved 9 times in 4 years! You'd think I was running from the CIA or something. Yes, instead of the Bourne Identity it's the Leclerc Identity.

Lesley said...

Ugh. Moving. We, although crowded here, are not moving again until we buy a house. Because we are going to buy a house that we are never moving out of. Because I'm not ever moving again.
It sucks.
Enjoy your new home though!

Jaichan said...

I hate moving. I hate it, hate it, hate it. I think I stayed in Japan much longer than I should have because I couldn't bear the thought of moving all of my stuff back to Canada.