Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Oops

For the second day in a row I fell asleep at some crazy early hour (5:30pm last night) and slept much longer than I intended. Certainly, I had intended to go to KOL, so I set my alarm for 6:30. I woke up at 9:30, and made menacing eyes at my alarm clock, which I had apparently forgot to arm. Bah. At this point, I'm rather tired, but I promised a friend I'd go knit and chatter at her around 10pm, so I set my alarm for another half hour, arm it, and go to sleep.

I wake up at 1:30am. This is getting troublesome.

At this point, I might as well go to sleep. I changed into my PJ's and drifted off to have a bizarre dream that involved living in something resembling a beaver dam, having an orca/dolphin pool, and going to war in my marching band. There was also a dragon guy who I seemed to have some sort of crush on, and though he was imprisoned in his human form for a bit whilst some toad made him hold iron ("to bind the fey"), a nice guy named Wyatt came along and set it all right.

I woke up with the impression that it would have made a great fantasy novel, and a reconfirmed agreement with this.

I also woke up with a temple-pounding headache, which is equally bizarre, as I was incredibly well-rested. My close friend Advil helped me out with that one, and I'm having a great day now! Everyone is in such a fabulous mood!

Only one things keeps me from delerious happiness: I am not yet on Ravelry. In fact, I am certain that I am ridiculously far back on the waiting list. I couldn't remember if I had signed up for a notification before, so I did it again. I probably had. We wants it!

3 comments:

Alison said...

Well, you probably signed on before me, since I only signed on last week I think. Or maybe the week before? I'm not sure, June's not a good month for children's librarians in general, so I don't really remember much. Still, you probably signed up before me, so you'll get it before me. I hope that makes you feel better!

Lesley said...

I think I signed up twice too. No worries:)

Moe said...

I usually just dream that I have two term papers and an exam due the following day in courses that I didn't know I was registered for.

It's getting a little chronic.

Ravelry is addictive - I have GOT to get my stash on there sometime. (I was a beta tester, nyah nyah).