Sunday, July 15, 2007

Made You Look

I don't know if I can call this a real update. I cannot disclose anything about the Secret Project Race, as that is not my responsibility, but I assure you that he is well-equipped with photographic evidence of our adventure.

I do have one small announcement to make, however. I have been hired at The Loop yarn store! It's very part time--one or two shifts a week--but that's exactly what I'd want. I went in for my first taste of LYSwork on Friday morning, and I'd like to shoutout to Mimi for being unendingly chill and patient with my ineptitude. You'd think I knew the store well enough from the customer end, eh?

It would be uncool of me to gush about The Loop and its owners, because it's dangerously easy to start sucking up to people who control my Cashmere Consumption Rate. I did, however, promise that I would link to Cathy's Etsy site weeks ago if I liked the stuff (the stipulation was placed to stop myself from the Gratutious Suck-Up Factor, and the weeks ago means it was before they could dangle things like "Being Paid to Hang Around Yarn" in front of my link-typing fingers). Unsurprisingly, I love her work! When you've got a minute, do pop on over to the Vivero Glass Etsy and admire it. Glass buttons and pendants--like this one with yarn and needles in it! Too cute!

Suddenly I feel like I don't know anything about knitting. Darn, I'm going to have to read a lot of blogs and forums to "research." Life is rough.

It will be Cathy's turn to endure my blunders on Monday afternoon. I wish her the best of luck.

In other news, I am working overnights this week (hence the 2am post, though it's not as telling as it ought to be). This means I will, barring more ill-planned sleeping on my part, make it to KOL. Huzzah!

1 comment:

jkleclerc said...

A part time job at the loop!!! That's so exciting!! I'll be sure to drop by and ask you difficult knitting questions, you know, to keep you on your toes and such.

I am looking forward to knowing who won the knit off. Tell him to hurry up and post!