Friday, April 13, 2007

Yarn on the Way!

I had a little money still in my American bank account, and this means I have a little I can spend on yarn! While procrastinating on my Plotinus paper yesterday I tripped on over to Knit Picks and ordered the following:

2 Balls each Knit Picks Essential in
Dusk (dark blue)
Grass (springy green)
Burgundy

And three skeins of Shadow in Sunset Heather, a lovely heathered deep red.

The Essential is a fingering weight superwash, and therefore will become more lovely sockage. I've got my eye on Cablenet from Knitty, Bayerische by Eunny, and (after all those cables) something lacy like Lomard Street or Falling In Love from MagKnits.

I've never ordered from Knit Picks to ship to Canada before, but they seem to be on top of the whole GST/customs thing. In fact, they said my order would be here in 14 business days! I was expecting to be getting it on my birthday or thereabouts in a little under a month, but it just might get here in time to make a pair of birthday socks! Huzzah!

No comments: